What’s new for 2020?
Drivers contesting rounds of the WTCR – FIA World Touring Car Cup on a race-by-race basis will benefit
from two regulation changes for 2020.
At its meeting in Geneva on 6 March, the FIA World Motor Sport Council approved the following rule
- The entry for wildcard racers per event drops from €10,000 to €5,000
- The mandatory compensation weight carried falls from 20 kilograms to 10 kilograms
What’s included in the entry package?
It costs €5000 per car to enter on a race-by-race basis, a 50% reduction compared to 2019. The entry
- 2 free practice sessions (45 minutes and 30 minutes)
- 1 qualifying session (at least 20 minutes of running time if eliminated in first phase)
- 2 races (between 50-70 kilometres depending on venue)
- Allocated pit garage/paddock area (depending on venue)
- 7 pitlane passes
- 5 paddock passes
- 3 car parking passes
- Options to purchase paddock and/or VIP Club hospitality
- Consultation session with Goodyear engineer
- Pre-event and post-event press releases
- Social media campaign
- Participation in official portrait shoot
- Inclusion in autograph session/promotional activities
- Articles on FIAWTCR.com
- Coverage on WTCR’s global television feed
- Participation in podium ceremony (if classified in the top 3)
- Eligible for TAG Heuer Best Lap Trophy
Please note: Wildcard racers will carry a mandatory compensation weight of 10 kilograms (50% reduction
compared to 2019). They are not eligible to score points.